We are living in a world that is driven by technological innovation and new ideas are the most powerful tools that you can have to build your career – and your bank account. When you have a great idea that you know can make a difference to the world, the one thing that you might consider is selling that idea. Ideas come and go, however, and so you need to get on and sell yours while you can!
What matters the most when you have an idea isn’t whether it’s any good, it’s whether you can sell it to investors or not. You want to present and sell your idea, and you want it to be protected at the same time. Companies like GHB Intellect can help you to protect it, and the tips below can help you to sell it. Let’s take a look!
- You need to be credible. People want to buy into new things, but they would much rather do it from a trusted source. You can be one of those by ensuring that you have a better track record than the rest. If you don’t have any kind of history, you’re going to end up not getting heard! You want your idea to sell and that’s much easier when you have a history in your industry. You don’t have to have a ready made company, but you need to think that your buyers are going to ask themselves why they want to buy from you!
- You should have something exciting. If your new idea is the “next best thing”, you’re going to know it in sales figures. Buying is emotional, and when a big idea is being sold, people are more excited by it if they see it makes sense. It has to appeal to them on an emotional level.
- Give it a story. A good idea can only be sold if there is a story behind it. People need to invest themselves into it and you can help decision makers to see ideas from a new perspective, too. Selling an idea comes with telling a story, so make a point of ensuring that you have the right investor in your idea, too.
- Reduce the risk. People will buy into an idea where there are no risks to it. Once someone has decided to buy something new, they start looking for reasons not to do it in the first place. If it’s a good idea, everyone will say so to everyone else. Word of mouth is a powerful tool for anyone creating a new product.
- Build up momentum behind the product. Ask for feedback through dialog and conversation and then make a point of investing in PR and advertising for your product idea. You can then close the sale with a summary of the idea, how it works and use the feedback you get to improve it. You want your product to be excellent and it can be much better when you seek out feedback!