As the travelling introvert, I’m always being asked my top tips for flying, so for today I’ve decided to compile a list of five important tips for you:
- If you check baggage, always keep a change of clothes in your hand luggage…just in case your bags get lost. Unfortunately, it does happen! Take a photo of the luggage before you check it in because this will help you if you do lose your baggage to explain what it looks like, and it’ll also help you keep on top of any damage your stuff has sustained.
- Always track your flight. You can use free sites, such as Flight Aware, to do this. All you need to do is enter your flight details, or you can send the information to your family so they can keep tabs on you as well.
- Double check your confirmation number in advance, whether you book through the airline or a third-party site. I’ve somehow found that the number isn’t right, and that’s something you don’t want to discover at the airport.
- On the same note, I would always book the flight directly through the airline because then they’re more likely to help you if anything goes wrong.
- Follow the airline on Twitter for the most up-to-date information. Also, I’ve found that they respond a lot quicker to you if you message them that way.